Phone 0117 924 8662, Monday-Friday 10am-12pm & 2pm-4pm

Phone 0117 924 8662, Monday-Friday 10am-12pm & 2pm-4pm

Discrimination - not at work

You are protected from discrimination in law. You may have had an experience as a customer; user of public services; renting property; in education (e.g. school exclusions) or as a member or guest of a private club or association. We can help you make a complaint, or take your case to court.

How we can help

If you live in Bristol and feel you have suffered discrimination then contact us on 0117 924 8662 or use the form on this page.

If you live elsewhere: we can help you if you qualify for legal aid please call us asap and we can take you through the criteria for legal aid.

If you’ve suffered discrimination at work, please click here.



Further support and information

EASS – national discrimination helpline

Equality & Human Rights Commission (EHRC)

Bristol Hate Crime and Discrimination Service (we are partners)

Equality Act: How you can be discriminated against

ACAS: Advice for employers and employees

Her Majesty’s Courts Service

Call 0117 924 8662 and we will tell you if and how we can help

Email  (including your postcode and phone number)

Fax 0117 955 8280

Or fill in the form below.

    * Indicates required field

    Any personal data submitted to the Law Centre through this contact form or by email or phone will be confidentially and securely stored for 18 months in accordance with our data retention policy. It will be held by the Law Centre as Data Controller and will only be used for the purposes of considering and where appropriate, responding to your enquiry (and any associated purposes). It will not be disclosed to any third parties and will be securely deleted after 18 months. You have a right to be told what data we hold about you (though you are likely to have provided us with that data) and to have it corrected if it is wrong and can read our full privacy policy here.

    Search for other advice

    If we can’t help you, try the search buttons below to find someone who can. For example, we’re unable to advise on criminal issues, actions against the police, civil litigation, personal injury, wills/probate.

    You might also like

    Human Rights & Public Law

    Legal advice and representation if you have been affected by a decision or act of a public body


    Discrimination at work

    We can help if you have suffered discrimination at work or applying for work