Phone 0117 924 8662, Monday-Friday, 9:30am-4:30pm

Phone 0117 924 8662, Monday-Friday, 9:30am-4:30pm

Human Rights & Public Law

How we can help

We can provide public law advice, casework and representation under legal aid ​ across the South West of England. We can help you make complaints leading to an investigation and can challenge the decision in Court.

What kind of issues can we help with?

If you have been affected by a decision made by, or an act of, a public body, we may be able to help. A public body may be an obvious public service – a prison, for example – or any private body carrying out public duties, such as:

  • A government department
  • A local authority (or Council)
  • A health authority (the NHS or a Clinical Commissioning Group)
  • A contracted-out service provider (the company that collects household rubbish and recycling for the local council)
  • A housing association
  • A school



Further support and information

The Public Law Project: information, training and advice

Equality and Human Rights Commission

Amnesty International – what are Human Rights


Image copyright Matthew Black – view the licence here.

Call 0117 924 8662

Email with a brief description of your issue and a phone number

Fax 0117 924 8020

Or fill in the form below.

    * Indicates required field

    Any personal data submitted to the Law Centre through this contact form or by email or phone will be confidentially and securely stored for 18 months in accordance with our data retention policy. It will be held by the Law Centre as Data Controller and will only be used for the purposes of considering and where appropriate, responding to your enquiry (and any associated purposes). It will not be disclosed to any third parties and will be securely deleted after 18 months. You have a right to be told what data we hold about you (though you are likely to have provided us with that data) and to have it corrected if it is wrong and can read our full privacy policy here.

    Search for other advice

    If we can’t help you, try the search buttons below to find someone who can. For example, we’re unable to advise on criminal issues, actions against the police, civil litigation, personal injury, wills/probate.

    You might also like


    Legal advice if you feel you have suffered discrimination, whether at work or in any area of your life.


    Asylum & Children’s Immigration

    Legal advice & representation for asylum and immigration including children