Phone 0117 924 8662, Monday-Friday, 9:30am-4:30pm

Phone 0117 924 8662, Monday-Friday, 9:30am-4:30pm

Welfare Benefits

Appeals to the First-tier Tribunal: 

If you live in Bristol or South Gloucestershire (check here) we can offer free support challenging (appealing) an assessment decision on a Work Capability Assessment decision on your Universal Credit or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP) including representing you at hearings.

Appeals to the Upper Tribunal:

If you disagree with the result from a First-Tier Tribunal about any benefit you may be able to appeal to the Upper Tribunal. We can help if you live anywhere in the South West or Wales and are eligible for Legal Aid (we will check this).


Further support and information

ACFA The Advice Network advice agencies in Bristol and surrounding area, including debt advice

Carers Support Centre advice and support for Carers

Citizens Advice Bureau local advice

Direct Gov benefits A-Z

DWP complaints procedure (complaints rather than appealing or challenging a decision)

entitledto online eligibility advice

WECIL advice for disabled people. Self help videos around applying for ESA and PIP


Contact us

Call 0117 924 8662 to discuss the help you need


Fax 0117 924 8020

Post 2 Hide Market, West St, Bristol BS2 0PH (Next door to Talking Money)

Or fill in the form 

    * Indicates required field

    Any personal data submitted to the Law Centre through this contact form or by email or phone will be confidentially and securely stored for 18 months in accordance with our data retention policy. It will be held by the Law Centre as Data Controller and will only be used for the purposes of considering and where appropriate, responding to your enquiry (and any associated purposes). It will not be disclosed to any third parties and will be securely deleted after 18 months. You have a right to be told what data we hold about you (though you are likely to have provided us with that data) and to have it corrected if it is wrong and can read our full privacy policy here.

    Search for other advice

    If we can’t help you, try the search buttons below to find someone who can. For example, we’re unable to advise on criminal issues, actions against the police, civil litigation, personal injury, wills/probate.

    You might also like


    Legal advice if your home is at risk, you are homeless, or your home is in poor condition & affecting your health



    Free legal advice and information to people treated unfairly at work including issues related to coronavirus



    Legal advice if you feel you have suffered discrimination, whether at work or in any area of your life.