We can offer free legal advice where your home may be at risk, you are homeless, or your home is in poor condition and affecting your or your family’s health. We cover Bristol, South Glos, B&NES and North Somerset.
We provide specialist advice & representation for a wide range of problems including complex possession cases, homelessness appeals and judicial review. Types of issues we help with:
- Repossession of your home where there are alleged rent arrears or other breaches of tenancy, including anti-social behaviour
- Injunctions for anti-social behaviour, and applications for breaches of anti-social behaviour injunctions
- Notices of Eviction
- Warrants of Eviction
- Unlawful eviction
- Mortgage possession proceedings
- Disrepair affecting your health
- Advice about your succession rights
We cannot assist with boundary disputes or advise landlords.
If you are at risk of losing your home please contact us as soon as possible. It is important to seek advice as soon as you receive notice of possession or notice to quit from your landlord. We may be able to help even if the court bailiffs have given you a date for eviction.
If you have applied as homeless to tyour local authority and feel an incorrect decision has been made, we may be able to assist you with a challenge to the county court or to the high court.
Legal Aid outreach
We have a Legal Aid Outreach contract in B&NES and can meet with you in Bath on Tuesday and Thursday afternoon, between 2-5pm. Please call us to make an appointment:
- Tuesday – Reach/DHI office, 15/16 Milsom St, Bath BA1 1BZ
- Thursday – CAB, 2 Edgar Buildings, George St, Bath BA1 2EE
We can represent you in your housing case in Bath County Court under the duty solicitor scheme: please check it is operating the day of your hearing.
Tenancy Information Project
Free, weekly sessions to guide tenants on how to navigate the rental market. We offer one-off 30 minute appointments run by trained volunteers (law students).
To book a free, one-off appointment with a trained volunteers, call 0117 924 8662 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also attend our monthly drop in clinic in Weston Super Mare
Image copyright Adrian Scottow – view the licence here.