We may be able to offer FREE legal advice where your home may be at risk, you are homeless, or your home is in poor condition (disrepair) affecting your or your family’s health.
We provide specialist advice & representation for a wide range of problems including complex possession cases, homelessness appeals. Types of issues we help with:
- Repossession of your home where there are alleged rent arrears or other breaches of tenancy, including anti-social behaviour
- Injunctions for anti-social behaviour, and applications for breaches of anti-social behaviour injunctions
- Notices of Eviction, Warrants of Eviction, Unlawful eviction
- Mortgage possession proceedings
- Disrepair affecting your health
- Advice about your succession rights
We cannot assist with boundary disputes or advise landlords.
If you are at risk of losing your home please contact us as soon as possible – even if we can’t help we can suggest others who may be able to.
Court Duty Scheme
We hold a legal aid contract for the housing possession court duty scheme at Bristol County Court and Bath County Court on a shared rota basis. We can advise tenants and mortgagors at court who have a hearing on the possession list on the day we are on court duty, we can provide advice before the hearing and represent the tenant/mortgagor in the hearing. If you require advice from the duty solicitor on the day please bring with you all relevant documents including the court paperwork and arrive at court at least 30 minutes before your hearing. Bristol County Court possession list is usually every Tuesday and Bath County Court possession list is usually once a month on a Friday.